AO: This interlocutor raised the following perceived benefits of sharing:
- Internal knowledge management (being able to make sure those in the organization can access each others' work/data)
- Inspiration: Being able to see the types of questions asked previously and how effective they were.
- Literature review: knowing what kind of work has been done previously.
- Reduced need for large sample size (= reduced cost to run the research); ability to build on existing work that has been done rather than redo the whole thing again
- Ability to test if a claim holds; increase the validity/credibility of a qualitative claim
- (With PECE), ability to get a sense of the perspectives and background context that goes into the creation of qualitative data (e.g. by sharing instrument; notes; stripping sheets; etc.)